Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chapter 1: study of human development.


       I decided to do something a little different and provide you with something that had stumped me for a while and reading this makes me would if it is true or not.

These things caught my eye of interest: 
  • Life Cycle: Timing is everything!
        A life cycle what would that mean to you? I agree with what they are saying. They say that the life cycle of a married or an unmarried women with child will have a different outcome of life why would this make a difference I think that I have learned from this take my son for instance he was not planned nor was I married however I had a stable income and a home to live in I was out of school and living on my own, what would have made this situation better was another person to help with the child which I did not have at the time. It was very had to try and raise him going to work full time and trying to be the best mom to my son I could be. However after meeting my husband, we got married and had our daughter about 2 years later we had a stable home.  I then became a stay at home mom and I was able to give my daughter what I was not able to give my son in the beginning.  Now they are at two different stages however my son is still at the mental age of three. Now I know that none of this may be true but what if I was stable and had a husband, a home, and I was a stay at home mom would that had made a difference to his disability or would have made no difference at all? Now to you what does timing mean to you?

       

3 comments:

  1. I had my son when I was 18 and wasn't in the best place in my life. I had his dad in my life at the time, but he was not very supportive. We split soon after he was born. It makes me kind of wonder what would Colton (my son) have been like had we stayed together. Not that my environment was unstable. I had a very supportive family, steady income, and was able to stay at home and raise him the first 5 months of his life(not long, I know, but more than some are able to do, so for that I am grateful). So, I definitely understand where you are coming from with the questions you've raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many of the same questions that you do and have often wondered if had done things differently if my children would have been better off. It's hard to say how things would have turned out if they had been raised with more stability. I know I can't go back and change things but I can make the best out of today and tomorrow with the knowledge I have gained. I think a lot of good has come out of my situation for instance, my girls are both very strong and independent. They also adapt easily to new situations, unlike myself. I have a harder time with change and being flexible, perhaps because I had a very structured and predictable childhood.
    Your situation is not exactly the same as mine and your children are different individuals than mine just like we are all different. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts about my life and let you know that you are not alone in the questions we ask ourselves as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you did the best you could at the time with what you had, then that was the best outcome for that period of time. If you had different circumstances, noone is to say the outcome would be better or worse. It sounds like you went through a lot with your first child with out any support and maybe that made his circumstances better because you had to be a stronger person for him. It is good to hear that things are stable now.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete