Sunday, June 9, 2013

Last Blog Chapter 16

Death and how are we suppose to take the lose of a loved one regardless of how old or young they are. These issues are dealt with on a daily bases with people loosing loved ones. However the fact is that do we help or do we just provide comfort for the ones we know are not going to be with us that much longer. I think that if an individual know that they are loosing a loved one they some what begin to understand that they are loosing that person and start the grieving processes a little early. Now not everyone knows they are going to loose someone and wont know till it happens and when this happens how do they react to this ending of life on short notice.My family lost a child at birth and they have still not come to terms of loosing that baby. You will never forget going into labor and expecting to have a healthy baby and loosing it right away. The grieving process it something that you will never forget. Once that child was born you feel like you are scared for life. I remember that day like it was yesterday even though it was 2 years ago. 

The way you expect to and are told how you will grieve is different on how you actually do grieve. I feel like no matter what or how you prepare for the death of someone is not any different on how you feel if someone dies out of the blue whether they are young old or full of life laughter or even in a bed all day they are and will always be a part of you life...

This has touched me in so many ways. How do you feel about loosing something that you love??? or someone you have felt so close to but have never meant? 

2 comments:

  1. Im really sorry to hear about the loss of the baby. I too know how that feels. I have a cousin that had lost her baby to SIDS. Its heartbreaking. Like you said everyone grieves differently. Some people grieve right from the get go. Some people try not to show that they are grieving. I guess it just depends on the person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do we help or do we just provide comfort" - sometimes providing comfort is all the help we can offer. It's real help, and it makes a real difference.

    I'm so sorry about the loss. I'm the oldest child in my family, but I'm not the firstborn; the firstborn was stillborn. My father built the coffin himself, and the baby is buried in the family plot. The stone reads "He only knew love."

    I've loved reading your work this quarter, Ashley. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete